Sticky and Easy Honey Garlic Chicken made simple, with the most amazing and addictive 5-ingredient honey garlic sauce that is so good you’ll want it on everything!
Quick and easy using chicken thighs or breasts, your new family favourite chicken dinner is here!
- 8 chicken thighs - (skinless and boneless)
- 2 tbsp cornflour - (cornstarch)2 tbsp cornflour - (cornstarch)
- 1/2 tsp salt1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cloves minced garlic4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup (110g) honey1/3 cup (110g) honey
- 1/3 cup (80ml) chicken stock1/3 cup (80ml) chicken stock
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- boiled riceboiled rice
- Place the chicken thighs in a bowl and add the cornflour (cornstarch), salt and pepper. Toss the chicken in the cornflour until fully coated.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan (skillet) over a high heat.
- Add the chicken thighs, and cook on one side until golden brown (about 4-5 minutes), then turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the butter to the pan, let it melt, then add the garlic and stir together. Turn the heat down to medium so the garlic doesn't burn, then make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, combine the honey, stock, rice vinegar and light soy sauce in a bowl and stir together.
- Add the sauce to the pan. Turn the heat up and bring the sauce to the boil, then simmer for 4-5 minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens, and the chicken is cooked through (and no longer pink in the middle).
- Sprinkle on the chopped parsley and chilli flakes and serve over boiled rice.