Packed with Creole and Cajun flavors, this easy gumbo recipe is sure to please. Not just easy this is healthy too being both whole30 and paleo compliant.
- 2-3 lbs chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 lb sausage, cut into rounds
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen okra
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp, 1 tsp cajun seasoning (see blog post for homemade recipe)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Add all the gumbo ingredients EXCEPT the shrimp to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 3-4 or LOW 6–7.
- In the last 15-20 minutes of minutes cook time, add gently stir in the shrimp.
- Keep warm until ready to serve. Remove bay leave prior to serving.